You can’t go back in time and experience a young Julia Ecklar performing filk for a small convention audience ever again. So we’ve created the next best thing — a time capsule packaged in an Off Centaur-inspired cassette.
Using rediscovered tapes originally recorded by Art “Boots” Coleman — and meticulously restored and remastered from the original analog by Phil Klum — we’ve brought for you the energy, the fun, and the magic of Julia’s performances from the early era of filk.
This cassette tape features Julia during her prime performing years at the Darkover Grand Council convention in 1988 and 1991.
We’re lucky to have had Don Simpson (illustrator for many Off Centaur tapes, including Julia’s) provide the packaging design.
- The Dark Is Rising (lyrics by Susan Cooper, adapted by Julia Ecklar; music by Julia Ecklar)
- Man of Red (Kathy Mar)
- Superman Sex Life Boogie (Tom Smith) [EXPLICIT]
- Hellraiser (Tom Smith)
- Flowers for Algernon (Kathy Mar)
- The Hand Of God (Julia Ecklar)
- The Grandfather Clock (Frank Hayes/trad.) [EXPLICIT]
- Temperature of Revenge (Lyrics by Tom Smith; music by Julia Ecklar)
- Starship Unity (Anne Passovoy/trad.)
- Houseguests (Larry Warner)
- Harry’s Dilemma (Larry Warner)
- Bold Marauder (Richard Fariña)
- The Mary Ellen Carter (Stan Rogers)
NOTE: YOU ARE BUYING A (VERY!) LIMITED PRINT RUN CASSETTE TAPE.
- This is the cassette version. We printed 75 copies, and don’t plan to print more. The inventory count on this page accurately reflects the number that’s remaining for sale.
- Digital album download not included — you are only buying a cassette tape.
- We regret we cannot ship internationally due to COVID. (We are setting aside a limited supply for summer international shipment; fill out our Google form to be notified.)